- This event has passed.
The Freddy Cole Quartet
Friday, October 17, 2014 at 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm$45.00
Cole doesn’t apologize for sounding like his brother, Nat “King” Cole. There are certain unmistakable similarities. He plays piano and sings and performs live with guitar and upright bass, just like Nat. Yet his voice is raspier, smokier, jazzier even. But he has emerged from the awesome shadow cast by his elder brother. In truth, his phrasing is far closer to that of Frank Sinatra or Billie Holiday than that of his brother and his timing swings a little more.
He currently leads The Freddy Cole Quartet, made up of himself, guitarist Randy Napoleon, drummer Curtis Boyd and bassist Elias Bailey that regularly tours the US, Europe, the Far East and South America. Freddy has been a recording artist since 1952, when his first single, “The Joke’s on Me”, was released.
The hallmark of a Freddy Cole performance is intimacy. He connects in a way that truly gives each audience member the feeling of having been the “only person in the room” as Freddy sings & plays for them. His vocals – suave, elegant, formidable, and articulate – are among the most respected in jazz. Cole’s career continues to ascend as he has moved into the front ranks of America’s homegrown art form with a style and musical sophistication all his own. Just a partial list of his musical awards & personal accolades bear witness to the impact of this man & career in the world of Jazz!
- September 2013 – Best Male Vocalist, Best Jazz Artist, and Best Ensemble from The Hot House Jazz/Metropolitan Room Jazz Awards
- June 2012 – Honorary Doctorate of Music from The New England Conservatory of Music
- 2011 Grammy™ Nomination for Freddy Cole SINGS MR. B
- 2009 Playbill Nightlife Award
- 2008 Outstanding Male Jazz Vocalist Award
- Sept. 8, 2007 – Inducted into The Georgia Music Hall of Fame
- 2006 Playbill Nightlife Award
- 2005 Outstanding Male Jazz Vocalist Award
- June 15, 2005 – inducted into The Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame
- 2005 Living Legend Award
DO NOT MISS this singular opportunity to SEE & HEAR this Iconic Jazz Artist, here, at the Delaware Beach. Be there for this singular Event in the history of the Jazz Scene for our Cape Region. Come be entertained royally by The Freddy Cole Quartet, in the most intimate & best sounding Concert Setting available to audiences in Rehoboth ….Upstairs…at The Clear Space Theater Showroom, on Friday October 17th.
All Tickets Sold as “Best Available Seating”. Concert Doors Open at 630p / Showtime 8p
If you are interested in purchasing tickets to this event, please click here.